Sunday 30 May 2021

PUZZLE NO. 229 : KILLER ARROW HYBRID SUDOKU

 I had created this sudoku in a sudoku setting contest on CTC Discord server. The contest was of  1 hour and the variant that was given to us to create was Killer Arrow Hybrid Sudoku. I happened to read about the contest when the contest had already begun and 30 minutes had already passed. I was allowed to participate on condition that  my entry would be considered unofficial. When I had finished creating and test solving for uniqueness, Nityant Agarwal, who was the host, told me that the contest got over 8 minutes before. I realized that I had created this sudoku and test solved it in just 38 minutes. It was a unique experience of creating a sudoku under time constraint. Hope you guys will enjoy solving this sudoku.


RULES : Classic Sudoku rules apply. There are some cages in the grid. The number on the top left corner of each cage is equal to the sum of the numbers in that cage. Numbers do not repeat in a cage. Additionally, there are some arrow shapes in the grid. The sum of the digits along the path of each arrow must equal the digit in the circled cell. Digits may repeat along an arrow.

Solve Online

 

8 comments:

  1. 6:38. Pretty easy but really fun. Amzing that you created this in such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of killers but this combo was really interesting. Took me 12 mins+ finally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4:54. Nice to know the background of the sudoku creation

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5:01. Nice puzzle--and made so quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Puzzle No. 429: Battenberg Sudoku

RULES: Place a digit from 1 to 9 in each empty cell so that each digit appears exactly once in each row, column and 3x3 outlined box.  Where...