Tuesday 8 October 2019

PUZZLE NO. 30 : CONSECUTIVE PAIRS - THERMO HYBRID SUDOKU

This is a hybrid of consecutive pairs sudoku and thermo sudoku. I like to create thermo sudokus where no numbers are given and I also like to create hybrids. So i was more than happy with the outcome when I  created this. Posting it in the blog now.

RULES OF CONSECUTIVE PAIRS - THERMO HYBRID : CLASSIC SUDOKU RULES APPLY. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE SOME THERMOMETER SHAPES IN THE GRID. THE NUMBERS ARE IN INCREASING ORDER FROM THE BULB TO THE FLAT END ON EACH THERMOMETER. ADDITIONALLY, IF A WHITE CIRCLE IS GIVEN BETWEEN TWO ADJACENT CELLS, THEN THE NUMBERS IN THOSE CELLS WILL BE CONSECUTIVE. NOT ALL WHITE CIRCLES ARE GIVEN , WHICH MEANS ADJACENT CELLS WITHOUT A CIRLCE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN CONSECUTIVE DIGITS.

8 comments:

  1. 15:16
    Good one. I took a lot of time in getting a simple deduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Hemant. Again, this wasn't as difficult as Ur timing suggests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice one. Not as deadly as your killer thankfully :). I have to confess I made 1 guess, and then everything worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the logical advice. I cant belueve I avtually solved a ttiple dhamaka :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I m glad u liked it and u had the enthusiasm to solve it twice :)

      Delete
  5. Great construction.12:06 on this.Had a very narrow start.I would anticipate a high variance in timings depending on how quickly one gets the start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the sudoku. Didn't time it since I got stuck for >10 minutes in the middle, missed an easy deduction.

    ReplyDelete

Puzzle No. 428: Lockout Lines Sudoku

  RULES: Place a digit from 1 to 9 in each empty cell so that each digit appears exactly once in each row, column and 3x3 outlined box.  End...